~ Recover Smoothly with Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy in Carmichael, CA ~
After an injury and a resulting hospital stay, rehabilitation is the first step after hospital discharge. For a successful recovery, you need a trusted rehab facility with experienced caregivers and therapists. Come to Whitney Oaks Care Center for physical, occupational, and speech therapy in Carmichael, CA.
At Whitney Oaks, our individualized treatment programs empower residents to increase their independence. We also encourage the families of our residents to be a part of the recovery process. Family members can take part in therapy sessions and learn how to care for their recovering loved ones.
Whitney Oaks Care Center offers the following therapy options:
Physical therapy helps patients with physical impairment and pain. Our physical therapy team evaluates each patient and develops a treatment program to address current needs and prevent future injury. We treat patients who have suffered from strokes, fractures, and other debilitating injuries.
- Treatment may include:
- Increasing strength, motion, and motor control.
- Improving coordination and balance.
- Managing pain.
- Learning how to be safe and prevent injury.
Occupational therapy treats residents whose functionality and freedom have been limited by injury, illness, or aging. Our therapists use task-directed activities to help patients adapt to their environment and manage the tasks of daily life.
Treatment may include:
- Gaining independence in eating, bathing, using the toilet, cooking, etc.
- Maintaining well-being with dressing and grooming tasks.
- Preventing future disability with assessments and modifications of the patient’s home and with adaptive equipment.
Our speech therapy in Carmichael, CA restores swallowing, communication, and cognition through many treatments. Speech therapy is designed to help residents following a stroke, brain injury, dementia, and much more.
Treatment may include:
- Improving speech clarity.
- Increasing comprehension and expression.
- Increasing cognitive skills like memory, problem solving, and abstract reasoning.
- Improving chewing and swallowing abilities.
If you or your loved one has suffered an injury or illness that has impaired their abilities, choose Whitney Oaks Care Center for physical, occupational, and speech therapy in Carmichael, CA. Contact us today!