Calendar of Events
The Whitney Activities Difference:
A staple of Activity Departments country wide is the focus on the elderly population. You have probably heard of the 3 B’s: Bible Studies, Birthday Parties and Bingo. All of those are fun and appropriate activities for the elderly, but what about the younger people that find their way to Skilled Nursing Facilities? Times have changed and the population we serve has changed as well.
The Whitney Oaks Activities Department has put their heads together and developed a plan to serve the ever-changing needs of our residents. We added a lot more variety and implement purposeful activities to aid in the rehabilitation and care of your loved one. But wait…that doesn’t mean we don’t offer the 3 B’s as well.
Some examples of activities we provide are:
- Daily exercise (chair aerobics, boot camp, beach ball volley, bowling, mini golf, etc.)
- Weekly musical entertainment concerts
- Cooking class
- Morning themed news (tip of the hat/ wag the finger, global dynamic news, news of the weird, etc.)
- Off-site group outings for community integration
- Church services, Bible studies and Communions
- Card games (Blackjack, Texas Hold Em’, Bridge, etc.)
- Themed trivia challenges
- Wii Nintendo games
- Group Scrabble, Hangman, Sudoku and Jeopardy
- Movie nights with movie style popcorn
- Arts and crafts
- Grooming/manicure services
- Resident council government
- Monthly resident store
- Click the link above to view a detailed calendar of activities.